Parks & Recreation Committee
The Parks and Recreation Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The stated and primary function of the Committee is to expand and enhance the recreational opportunities for the residents of Imperial Beach (IBMC 2.32.020).
- Review of the sports and recreational programs in Imperial Beach in an effort to encourage increased participation levels, high-quality volunteers, relevant and effective programming, efficient use of municipal resources, and other issues related to the sports and recreational programs.
- Review of the condition and maintenance of municipal sports and recreational facilities and recommendations for capital improvements, new or additional facilities, and proper maintenance of existing facilities.
- Seek funding through federal, state, and local grants, sports and recreation foundations, community contributions, charitable donations, and endowment funding opportunities.
- Explore opportunities to expand the parks and recreation opportunities in Imperial Beach and surrounding areas. The efforts to seek partnerships and collaboration with organizations that provide amenities that Imperial Beach cannot efficiently or realistically provide to its residents.
- Take a holistic approach to parks and recreation that encourage activities for all ages and income levels, physical abilities, and interests.
- Explore strategies to expand beyond typical sports activities to include non-traditional sports, non-sporting activities, and all forms of recreation and relaxation.
- Seek and provide a positive alternative for the use of spare time. Efforts to recognize that an effective parks and recreation program is a necessity for a healthy community, not simply a luxury.
|Griffin Goforth||Vice Chair||03/04/2020 (effective 5/15/20)||12/31/2023|
Meetings take place quarterly and are on the 3rd Monday of the month at 4 p.m. at City Hall, City Council Chambers, 825 Imperial Beach, CA 91932.