Commercial Filming & Photography Permit
If you are planning to do commercial filming or photography in the City of Imperial Beach, you will need to submit an application for both public and private property. If you are planning to use a drone, please provide proof of your Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) license and obtain permission through Naval Base Coronado to enter their airspace.
|Fee Item||Fee (subject to change)|
|Application Processing Fee (>7 days)||$250|
|Application Processing Fee (<7 days and >3 days)||$500|
|Application Processing Fee (<3 days)||$750|
|Sound Amplification||$36 per day|
|Commercial Activity||$25 per hour|
|Road Closure||$150 per day|
|Reserved Parking||$25 per day|
|Tidelands Staff Support||$107 per hour|
|Other Staffing Fees Deemed Necessary||Varies|
How to Apply?
- Gather all needed documents
- Detailed Layout Map(s)
- Insurance Documents
- Event Timeline. The timeline needs to include all activities including setup, deliveries, tear down, and time you will be off-site. Timeline Template.
- Service Provider Form
- Create an account on our online payment portal to pay applicable fees.
- Submit a Commercial Filming Application. After you submit your application staff will contact you within 72 hours for any additional information. If you have not received a response from staff within 5 days, please feel free to reach out regarding your application.
- Once all fees are paid and all forms are submitted then a Commercial Filming & Photography Permit will be issued.